American community survey :- (ACS) is a nationwide survey that collects information on social, economic, housing, and demographic characteristics of the nation’s population every year.
American Community Survey
The federation randomly selects millions of people for giving information about the above-mentioned factors.This information provides an important tool for communities to use to see the change in the social, economic, demographic, and various other factors.
The ACS is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau is a principal agency under the US federal statistical federal system. United States Census Bureau produces data about American people and the economy of the country.
ACS also sent to about 295,000 addresses monthly or approximately 3.5 million per year, it is the massive household survey that the Census Bureau administers.
ACS importance in Public-Sector
ACS in education is used to teach concepts and skills, such as statistical literacy, social studies, geography, and mathematics.
Journalists use ACS estimates to highlight such as commuting and transportation, unemployment and earnings, education, and home ownership.
How ACS works
- ACS collects the data which includes social, economic, housing, and demographic data from the millions of Americans who are randomly selected.
- Then the respondent information is stored either online or on the paper depending upon the available resources.
- All the information is sent to the S.Census Bureau where the data is combined into statistics.
- The statistics are formed in the form of reports, tables, and applications.
- All the information is uploaded on the Census Bureau website.
- Federal government agencies, states, tribal and local communities use this data as per their needs.
Who uses ACS and the purpose of using ACS
- Federal Agencies:
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs uses ACS statistics to evaluate the need for health care, education, and employment programs for those who have served in the military.
- The U.S. Department of Education conducts programs to develop adult education and literacy programs.
- State and Local Agencies:
- Planners and policymakers use up-to-date estimates to evaluate the need for new roads, hospitals, schools, senior services, and other basic services.
- Non-government Organizations:
- The non-government organization produces reports, research papers, business plans, case studies, datasets, and software packages.
- They also used ACS data in order to get fund for the social project.
- Emergency Planners:
- During natural disasters, they use this information to check the population of a particular area as well as their needs and for other facilities.
- They can provide information to get information for building good places, offices or facilities, and information about people that might need their products or services.
- Educators, Journalists, Public:
- ACS in education is used to teach concepts and skills, such as statistical literacy, social studies, geography, and mathematics.
- Journalists use ACS estimates to highlight such as commuting and transportation, unemployment and earnings, education, and home ownership.
ACS making American citizens, business, and also other community life more easy by providing them each and every information.
Related Tags :-
- American Community Survey
- American Community Survey Delaware
- How To Use American Community Survey Data